Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, Texas, has served the Rio Grande Valley for 40 years. Since its opening in 1982, we have been committed to providing high-quality,, compassionate healthcare you can trust. As an HCA hospital, Rio Grande Regional has the support of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services.
Rio Grande Regional Hospital has 310 beds and a team of more than 500 physicians representing over 35 specialties. Our proven track record of serving the medical needs of the Valley communities has led Rio Grande Regional Hospital to be recognized for patient safety and clinical excellence, time and time again.
Learn more about Rio Grande Regional Hospital affiliations and accreditations.
Hospital departments and specialties
Rio Grande Regional Hospital offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services. While each department has its specialties and expertise, they work together to provide seamless, coordinated care to our patients.
Our hospital network includes care centers designed to meet the needs of specific patient populations. These include:
- 24-Hour Emergency Care. Our on-campus Emergency Room consists of a Level III Trauma Center. We have also extended our ER services into the Rio Grande Valley with our three remote ERs: ER 24/7 McAllen is located at 5100 West Expressway 83, ER 24/7 Edinburg is located at 2744 West University Drive in Edinburg, and ER 24/7 San Juan is located at 200 East Expressway 83
- Rio Grande Women's Clinics offer full-service ob-gyn care in three community-based locations. Our Women's Clinics are an addition to the Women's Services at the main hospital, including labor and delivery and a 30-bed Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU).
- Rio Grande Surgery Center provides easy access and a high-quality patient experience for outpatient surgeries and procedures.
- Texas Transplant Institute (TTI), a satellite clinic, is located at McAllen Medical Plaza (across the street front the hospital) to serve local patients needing organ, tissue, or stem cell transplants. Our program with TTI means patients can get some of the medical care associated with transplants in McAllen without multiple trips to San Antonio.
- Bariatric Program, accredited since 2007, is designated as a Comprehensive Accredited Center in Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program.
- The Diabetes Management Program is accredited by the American Diabetes Association.
- Three Outpatient Laboratory locations and the main hospital laboratory are certified by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) and accredited by the College of American Pathologists (CAP).
Learn more about our available services at Rio Grande Regional Hospital.