Proud to be an HCA Hospital
Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, TX, is an HCA Hospital, benefiting the resources and experience that comes from being one of the nation’s first hospital companies. HCA invests about $1.5 billion in its hospitals every year keeping facilities up to date and bringing in the latest technologies. HCA Gulf Coast provides seamless transfers between its hospitals, including access to ground and air transportation within 150 mile radius.
HCA core values of honesty, integrity, fairness and compassion fit right into Rio Grande Regional Hospital culture of putting patients first. Our affiliation with HCA allows us to bring world-class medical care and health services into the Rio Grande Valley neighborhoods we serve.
The high-quality standard of care at Rio Grande Regional Hospital has been recognized by the following awards and accreditations:
- 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission
- Accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accredited and Quality Improvement Program - Since 2007
- Designated Advanced Level III Trauma Facility by the Texas Department of State Health Services
- Full accreditation by The Joint Commission
- HCA named to ETHISPHERE’S WORLD’S MOST ETHICAL COMPANIES four years in a row 2009-2012
- HCA selected as one of Computerworld’s top workplaces for information technology professionals six years in a row 2009-2014
- Laboratory Accreditation from the College of American Pathologists
- Recognized by the Rio Grande Valley Hispanic Chamber of Commerce-Hospital of the Year in 2009 & 2012
- Texas Ten Step Designation – Offer supportive care to breastfeeding mothers.
- Texas Health Care Quality Improvement Achievement Award from TMF® in 2009 and 2012
Hospital Affiliation Letters for Medical Center Staff
Rio Grande Regional Hospital has a rigorous process of verifying the training, licensure and current competence of healthcare providers before granting privileges (see Credentialing).
If you are a healthcare provider in good standing with Rio Grande Regional Hospital and need a letter verifying your status, you can use our online portal to generate and print a verification letter.
- Generate Hospital Affiliation Letters (a service of HCA and iResponse)