Rio Grande Surgery Financial Information
The total cost for your surgery at Rio Grande Regional Hospital or Rio Grande Surgery Center depends on a variety of factors. Our financial services team is here to answer questions for patients both before and after their procedures.
Determining Surgery Costs
The total cost of the surgery includes a variety of fees from each of the service providers who participate in your care before, during and after surgery. For instance, there is a fee from:
- Rio Grande Regional Hospital or Rio Grande Surgery Center for things like nursing care, medications, standard supplies, and use of the operating and recovery rooms. These fees are standard, but vary by the type of procedure.
- Your surgeon for performing the procedure.
- Your anesthesiologist for providing anesthesia for the surgery (if applicable, depending on the procedure performed).
- X-rays or laboratory tests performed prior to the procedure.
- Other care providers such as pathologists, radiologists and/or surgical assistants required for each particular surgery or patient.
In most cases, patients receive separate bills from each provider.
To learn more about costs, visit the Patient Financial page.
As a courtesy before the date of surgery, Rio Grande Regional Hospital or Rio Grande Surgery Center will verify patient insurance coverage and benefits and will make every effort to communicate this information to you before the date of your surgery.
We accept most health plans. Visit our Participating Health Plans page to verify that your insurance provider is listed or check with your insurance provider.
For questions about your fees or bill, call (800) 759-3742, Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm. For general questions or information about the Rio Grande Regional Hospital or Rio Grande Surgery Center, call (956) 632-6000.