The surgical services at Rio Grande Regional Hospital in McAllen, TX provide world-class medicine, close to home. Whether you or a loved one is here for an outpatient procedure or a complicated surgery with a lengthy recovery, our surgical team is with you every step of the way.
Our team of general and specialized surgical physicians includes plastic surgeons, foot surgeons, ENT surgeons and colorectal surgeons. We offer patients in the Rio Grande Valley advanced surgical care including appendectomy, hernia repair, gallbladder surgery, and other surgical procedures. Our dedicated nurses are with you throughout your stay, helping with your care and comfort.
We help our patients through the entire journey, from preparing for surgery to recovering after surgery. We take the time to answer any questions you or your family have about your procedure including what to expect during and after the surgery.
Our surgeons specialize in a variety of surgical procedures including:
- Bariatric Surgery
- Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT)
- General Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Plastic Surgery
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Urology Surgery
In addition to this wide variety of procedures, we have dedicated teams working in these areas:
- Heart Surgery - Our cardiac surgery team provides stellar care for patients who need angioplasty, coronary artery bypass surgery, stent placement and other heart procedures.
- da Vinci® System - A number of procedures can be performed with the robotic da Vinci system, which uses a robot to make smaller incisions for less invasive surgery.
- Pediatric Surgery - Pediatric surgeons provide care for children who need ENT, orthopedic and other surgical procedures.
- Bariatric Surgery - Our team specializes in the major weight-loss surgery procedures, including roux-en-Y surgery, lap band and sleeve gastrectomy.
Surgery patients can pre-register before the day of surgery and get their pre-admission work completed in one area. This includes lab work and any other necessary medical testing. Patients can also speak to an anesthesiologist and other Medical Professionals to ask questions about their surgery. Learn more about the surgery experience and what to expect.
Search Our Doctors
See if your surgeon has privileges at Rio Grande Regional Hospital (or find one who does). Looking for a specialist or primary care provider? Please call (956) 661-3110.