Participating Health Plans
Managed Care Plans
Insurance companies, carriers and plans that are accepted by Rio Grande Regional Hospital and the independent physician members of its medical staff are listed here for your convenience and are updated on a quarterly basis. Insurance plans, coverage and contracts change frequently, however, and the most recent changes may not be reflected here.
It is the responsibility of the patient to verify that his/her insurance plan will cover medical services provided by Rio Grande Regional Hospital and the independent physician members of its medical staff. Please contact your insurer to verify coverage.
- Accountable Health Plans of Texas
- Aetna Health Exchange
- Aetna (HMO and PPO)
- Affiliated Healthcare, Inc.
- Alliance Health Exchange
- Beech Street of Texas
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- Choice Care
- Community Health Choice
- Ethix Southwest
- First Health Formost
- Great West/One Health (HMO/PPO)
- HAS/Premier Healthcare Group, Inc.
- HealthSmart Preferred Care, Inc.
- HMO Blue
- Humana Health Exchange
- Humana Healthcare Plans
- Humana Medicare Advantage PPO
- National Healthcare Alliance (NHA)
- Pacificare HMO, PPO
- PPO Next Medical Control/HHPO
- Teachers Retirement Systems
- Texan Plus
- Texas Children's Health Plan (Commercial HMO/CHIP/Medicaid)
- Texas Health Network (Medicaid Managed Care)
- Texas HealthSpring
- Unicare (Classic/Performance/HMO)
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Health Exchange
- USA Managed Care Organization
- UTMB (CHIP)
*Note: This list may change periodically. Please verify participation status with your health insurance carrier as benefit plans are continuously updated.